Saturday, June 7, 2008

Oi

This is being written from the comfort of my hotel in Brasil. Got here this morning after an all night flight. The first cool thing to happen on the flight was the Flight Attendant actually assumed I was Brazilian. First time that has ever happened. That was about all thas good though - I didn't sleep all that well on the flight down here, so once I checked into my hotel, I took a nice nap.

The cab ride over to the hotel was fun. I got to talk about everything from the gas industry in America, to the Presidential race, to US geography. At the end the driver mentioned that he understood 80% of what I was saying. I'll take that. I haven't spoken much Portugues in the last two years, and I have never really politics or refueling cars. Hopefully I can get back into the groove here pretty soon. Along the drive I was able to recognize a few things from the last time I was here in Sao Paulo. I am actually at the same hotel I was last time. A pretty nice place, but this is no Marriot.

Once I had woken up and I decided to go out exploring. There is a huge park near my hotel called Parque Ibirapuera, and it's probably half the size of Central Park in New York. I walked over there and explored the park for a while. It was a pleasent afernoon, and if was fun to be out and about. Now I am back at the hotel taking a break. I need to get a plan for tonight. I know i could always go to a Brazilian steakhouse, but I will probably have a lot of that next week, and I really am not all that hungry, so well see.

Ate Mais.

1 comment:

  1. I typically only understand 80% of our conversations, too. Stupid cell phone reception or dropped calls...

    ReplyDelete