Saturday, November 15, 2008

Nourishment

It has been a while I know. Hopefully I'll get back to blogging on a more regular basis. Just a short note for now.

Tonight we had a session at stake conference. Before the show even started, they had laid out a big refreshments spread on a few tables in the back of the cultural hall. Said hall was also being used for overflow seating, so the food was nearby and ready for the taking. As soon as I saw it I thought, "How hilarious would it be if midway through the meeting someone just got up and helped themselves to a plate of food and then went and sat back down?"

Second, during the closing prayer, the pray-er asked that the food would "nourish and strengthen" us. Now I know prayers are sacred, so I don't want to cross the line, but here goes anyway. You are asking for cookies, fudge, brownies and punch to be good for our bodies? It just always cracks me up when people ask for desserts and other sweet snack type food to be healthy for our bodies. Almost like asking for "no harm or accident" before a church ball game.

2 comments:

  1. I think you have attended way too many Dave shows. The fact that you called it a 'show' in the second paragraph makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Scotty-
    I agree, I always chuckle during a blessing on the desserts. Now, if a prayer could make it so the desserts didn't contain a bunch of calories-that would amazing! I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete