Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Work?

For a number of reasons, I have been thinking about leaving my job recently.  Nothing has happened at worked that is so horrible I just cant stay any longer, but there have been a number of events that have grown into a fairly big desire to throw my name into the job market.  I haven't done anything about said desire yet, and I don't think I will until the end of the summer, but it is on my mind and so I am writing it down.  One reason I have been thinking more about a new job this week is that I read an article in "Smart Money Magazine" about revenue management in the banking industry.  I have always found it interesting to contemplate pricing and how you can sell services and market products, and this article fit right into those thoughts.  

In the article they profiled two of the biggest names in revenue management, and it turns out one of them runs a consulting company whose headquarters are 2 miles from where I currently reside.  His company helps identify solutions to increasing top line revenue for their clients, something that sounds pretty interesting.  I found out I only have a few degrees of separation from the CEO and one of the members of the Board.  These tidbits have left me daydreaming of what it would be like to work there.  Obviously I am no where near an interview, let alone a job transition, so it is all just wistful thoughts as of now.  A boy can dream right?

1 comment:

  1. Of course you can dream! Also, now that you have admitted the dream and written it down, you are on your way. I say go for it. Just make sure you still email me.

    ReplyDelete