Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Depressing…

Today I had one of the more depressing moments of the last couple days. As I was driving home I was listening to the radio, nothing to spectacular. Then after one song, the DJ made the following statement:

“Coming up in infotainment news we have an update on Britney Spears. Back in five minutes”

After this statement, I found my self lost in the following thought:

“I hope I am still driving home in five minutes. I’m curious to know what happened”

A month ago I could have cared less, and now I wanted to extend my commute to get the scoop. This thought was depressing to me on many different levels. First, I couldn’t believe that I had become emotionally invested in the Britney Spears story and now cared what the latest news on her was. Second, I’m upset that it didn’t occur to me that if I did miss the late-breaking Britney news, I could always check CNN or MSN and get just as good of an update.

I need to find some new things to care about.

2 comments:

  1. My coworker told me yesterday that the economy would take a little hit if Britney Spears died. He explained that numerous people are employed by her or because of her: doctors, photographers, etc.

    So um, I guess she IS breaking news.

    ReplyDelete