Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Everyday things change, but basically they stay the same....

So last week at work my boss called me into his office and asked me to close the door. This is the first time this has happened in my new job, and I wasn't sure what to expect. I never would have guessed what was coming next. My boss proceeded to explain that he had been promoted to Vice President of our version of the HR department. Now we are in the finance department, so this will be a bit of a switch for him. I also thought it meant there would be changes in the finance department, but so far there have been none.

The selfish part of me is hoping that the Trickle Down effect will lead to a promotion for me, but I know if that happens I am going to be way overwhelmed. All I can do is be patient, which is something I have proven to not be very good at.

I'll keep ya'll posted on how this all develops.

1 comment:

  1. what's going to happen? I need to know now. NOW NOW NOW!!! do you know yet, do you know yet, do you know yet??? huh, huh, huh? do you know?

    ReplyDelete