Sunday, March 9, 2008

H20

A few weeks ago I was doing laundry and after washing my clothes I noticed a small amount of water under the front of my washer. It was a small enough amount that I wasn't overly worried about a leaking washer, but enough water to where I made a mental note to be on the lookout for more water. The next time I did laundry water again made an unscheduled appearance at the base of my washer. I called the landlord and they arranged to have a new washer delivered to my apartment.

Today I used said washer for the first time, and just as the spin cycle was finishing up, there was a knock on my door. A handyman who was doing some remodeling in the apartment downstairs was outside ready to inform me that water was coming through his ceiling directly below my washer. I guess my new washer didn't solve the problem. The weird thing is there is no visible water on my floor under the washer at all. Now I am starting to think there might be a leak in the drainage pipe. Guess I'll find out in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment