Sunday, March 9, 2008

Reverence?

Today at church I sat behind a couple. Apparently, they are that into each other.  They sat and snuggled all during the meeting, air kissing, air eskimo kissing, playing with each others hair, making little inside jokes, giggling, and basically engaging in all manner of behaviors that are sickening to all those not in the first two weeks of a relationship. (Disclaimer: I have no idea how long they have actually been together, but it seemed like they were in the early stages of "I- like-you-ness")


This could have been distracting behavior, but I didn't mind all that much.  Until the end of the meeting that is, and then they crossed the line. A moment that should have just been a private deal between the two of them turned into a moment that was shared with me and whoever else behind me was watching.  At some point, the girl actually popped a zit on the dudes forehead and then rubbed whatever zit goo got onto her finger off on the shoulder of his shirt.   That is wrong on so many levels, but how that got on the list of things ok do to in church during a service is a mystery to me.  A mystery I hope to never personally have the answer to.

No comments:

Post a Comment