Sunday, March 30, 2008

Too Much....



I am not sure why I find events at church so blog worthy, but something about large group settings create opportunities for me to find humor in the proceedings and happenings that occur. Today was no exception.




During the first meeting of the day, two cell phones went off. Now I am sure that the owners of said cell phones did not intend for their new (or old) ring tone to be heard by everyone else in the meeting, but things happen. Granted, it was a distraction, but I didn't think it ruined the meeting by any means. In fact, I thought some of the speakers took more away from the meeting with their various stories.





Anyway, afterwards, one of the members stood up and chastised everyone for not turning off their cell phones before entering the building. She mentioned that over the last few weeks she has been keeping track of how many times cell phones go off and the number was "off the charts." Really? Off the charts? You mean to tell me there isn't a chart big enough or with enough capacity to contain the number of cell phone rings in a one hour period? I didn't realize the capability of charts was so limited. I thought for sure we could track down a chart that would go up to at least two. Maybe even three if we look really hard.





I shouldn't be so hard on the girl, but I think it was her tone that really irked me. She then went on to say something along the lines of "Please turn off your cell phones so that those of us who are here to fill our lamps with oil can do so." I guess I don't believe that the cell phone offenders want to "fill their lamps" any less than the rest of us do. I just think mistakes happen sometimes.





If only I had the girl's phone number. I would call it every week during church just to make sure she had her cell phone turned off. How awesomely ironic would that be.....

3 comments:

  1. I don't really have anything to say other than I'm laughing so hard right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chart. It fits the... oh hang on, my cell phone is ringing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was pretty dang funny, I miss talking about random funny crap like that with you Scott.

    ReplyDelete